'Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.' Hebrews 11:1


Starting Aril 2 (God-willing), I will be embarking on a 3 month Missions trip to WY for training, and Then 2 months in Mongolia for Missions and outreach. I am going to be using this Blog as a means for fundraising, Prayer requests and keeping my friends and family updated. Please continue to be praying:) Blessing - Ariana

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

His will be done.

I was in the middle of planning my travel agenda to Italy for summer 2014. When I came across this Missions trip to WY. I will be honest, I was almost tempted not to look into it. I knew that it would be the harder road to take. But since the timing was so God and the opportunity was to perfect (Cowboy Missions seriously??!!!), I prayed. waited. and applied.

I tried to persuade my self not to go in the beginning.
           
       Here were just a few of my lame reasons NOT to go:
  • I am TERRIFIED of public speaking
  • So little time to raise all that money!
  • What about my Job and Horse?
The list went on. I finally had to STOP and look at the bigger picture. Yes I will have to make some sacrifices. Yes I will have to leave my 'comfort zone'. But isn't that what we are called to do??

                               Like Paul says in 2 Cor. 12:10 
'For the sake of Christ, then I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions               and calamities, for when I am weak, then I am strong.' 

The Peace that came over me when I submitted my life into His hands was unexplainable.
How could I even have hesitated for a second?! That God would use me in any way to further bring Glory to HIM. That it would not only make a earthy difference but also a eternal one at that. I am in Awe and Humbled by our Creator. His plans for me far out do anything I could ever think up on my own! 


No comments:

Post a Comment